This year, in partnership with the City of Charlottesville Economic Development’s ACE program, an additional component of the Challenge will assist City businesses in need.
If your business qualifies, you will receive additional Challenge assistance and your organization may be awarded a $500 grant for energy efficiency goods and/or services. The goal of the Challenge is to help businesses increase their energy efficiency and sustainability in their daily operations as well as reap cost savings opportunities, enhance their brand, and engage in a community-wide effort with some great recognition.
To qualify, the business owner must be low to moderate income, as defined by the Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). To find out more details and whether you qualify, check out our application form.
Click here: Mini-Grant Application
Helping qualifying businesses achieve their efficiency and sustainability goals
Easy Next Step:
1. Complete entire application by March 1, 2019.
2. Submit application and supplementary materials via email or mail (see application).
3. Challenge staff will complete an informal phone/in-person interview.
4. Complete your Challenge registration to become a participant.
5. Selected businesses will receive an award notice by May 2019 and shortly thereafter the $500 worth of energy efficiency products or services will be granted to the business (guidelines will be provided).